Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Stressed!!!!!!!

Yep - today (and yesterday) were very stressful! I coped by eating 95% of a box of chocolates yesterday, the remaining 5% today, together with a white chocolate cookie from M&S (if you haven't tried one - you don't know what you're missing!) What was I stressed about you ask? Well.....just a lot of hassle to sort out, due to a last minute cancelled flight! This has now meant changing airport, carrier, paying twice (for now) etc - but I just got 'stressed' over it....

Anyway, at lunchtime, I decided to take refuge in the lunchtime church service near my office. The message today was from Habakkuk:

Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Saviour.
Habakkuk 3:17-18


I like that - Habakkuk's prayer - 'yet I will rejoice in the Lord'. Well....it just made me smile, and definitely helped me get a perspective on things! Is it just me, or does it happen to you as well - when things aren't going quite 'to plan' sometimes it can be hard to praise God, or see beyond 'the problem'? ....but sometimes we just have to praise God anyway - and when we do, not only do we feel better, but the problem doesn't seem as huge either!

In the end, we were all able to re-book our flights etc, so it wasn't really a major problem. It was only on the train going home, that I read in the paper that the baggage handlers at the original airport, have planned to strike on the day we were supposed to be flying out.

Maybe there was a reason for all this!!

Anyway, I really must learn to:
* 'Chill' a bit more
* Trust God more!
* Eat less chocolate when stressed
* Oh, and 'rejoice in the Lord' whatever is happening!

No comments: