Friday, March 04, 2005

Purpose Driven Life

Well....we're half-way through! Day 20 today....so much for my 'daily PDL blog post' which I was hoping/planning to do! Well done to Sarah - who's kept up day by day!

I shared one particular thought last night at Youth Plus - and that was about how much the book has made me think about 'life' in general. Don't worry - I'm not about to get all 'philosophical' BUT.....this isn't our home! One day we will GO home! I don't know about you, but for me, it's good to get everything in 'perspective' sometimes (often easier said than done)!

I realised something needed to change, when I read a chapter FOUR times the other night, and was still too tired to understand it properly! So, the book now travels with me.....

I imagined, that I would sit (quietly) - probably mid-morning, in a nice armchair, with a cup of coffee (probably a biscuit too) and a cat on my lap - and read the book (picture the scene!). In reality, I sit on a packed train with hundreds of other commuters - and read at some unearthly hour of the morning! I'm just waiting for someone next to me, to ask what I'm reading!

I'll attempt to post some 'deep thoughts'!?! soonish.....until then.....

We've got Kevin & Margaret Peat ministering at church over the weekend. Ladies prayer breakfast tomorrow morning (8.30am) for all early risers!! Evening Celebration 7.30pm, and Sunday, morning and evening services. If you're reading this - why don't you try and make it? C u there! :-)

Have a fab w/end, and keep smiling! :-)
Pen x

No comments: