Monday, March 07, 2005

Awesome Weekend!


Wow - what an awesome weekend!! I think my car has been on 'auto pilot' to and from church over the weekend - but it's been fantastic! Kevin & Margaret ministered in the Spirit - and there was a real sense of God's presence all weekend! God just touched peoples lives and hearts - fantastic.....

You know something's up, when your usual Sunday evening service finishes an hour or so later than usual. It took me ages to get to sleep last night - it was all just TOO exciting!! :-)

Big thanks to the worship team (that includes PA & video) last night - it's always such a blessing working with you guys!! :-)

It's hard to describe what it felt like to stop playing the keyboard, and just to listen to the congregation sing 'I stand amazed in the presence' (whilst standing IN His presence) - truly amazing.

I stand amazed in the presence
Of Jesus the Nazarene,
And wonder how He could love me,
A sinner, condemned, unclean.

How marvellous! O how wonderful!
And my song shall ever be:
How marvellous! O how wonderful!
Is my Saviour’s love for me!


For me it was in the garden
He prayed: "Not My will, but Thine."
He had no tears for His own griefs,
But sweat drops of blood for mine.

In pity angels beheld Him,
And came from the world of light
To comfort Him in the sorrows
He bore for my soul that night.

He took my sins and my sorrows,
He made them His very own;
He bore the burden to Calvary,
And suffered and died alone.

When with the ransomed in glory
His face I at last shall see,
’Twill be my joy through the ages
To sing of His love for me.


Take time this week to stand, or just 'be' in HIS Presence.
I stand, I stand in awe of You.
I stand, I stand in awe of You.
Holy God, to whom all praise is due,
I stand in awe of You.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny,

Thanks to you and the worship team. God really uses you all to bless us as a fellowship.

As for going to sleep, I was still doing my Tigger impersonation...

:-)

Sarah