Wednesday, March 09, 2005

The Lord is My Shepherd

I went to church at lunchtime - great encouragement from Habbakuk today. Sometimes, we might face impossible situations and not know what to do or where to turn - but God can turn seemingly 'impossible' situations around, when we bring them to Him.

We sang this song - and the words really blessed me, so I thought I'd share it here. It's not the traditional hymn - more a 'celtic' version which you may or may not be familiar with. Anyway - it was a great song to sing, and as I sung it, I was thinking about several prayer requests which have been on my heart today......

The Lord’s my shepherd, I’ll not want
He makes me lie in pastures green
He leads me by the still, still waters
His goodness restores my soul

Chorus:
And I will trust in You alone.
And I will trust in You alone,
for Your endless mercy follows me,
Your goodness will lead me home.


He guides my ways in righteousness,
And He anoints my head with oil,
And my cup, it overflows with joy,
I feast on His pure delights.

And though I walk the darkest path
I will not fear the evil one
For You are with me, and Your rod and staff
Are the comfort I need to know.

2 comments:

Nicole's Psalm said...

'I shall no want' nothing wanting nothing lacking. Nicole

Nicole's Psalm said...

I wanted to comment on the boulder but I can't find it. So I'm posting it here Sorry!!!
This story challenges me 1)To take the initiative. 2) To be observant 3) To be assertive.