Monday, December 20, 2004

Thankfulness.....

This morning I had to wait ages for a train (they were all delayed!) and by the time a train came along, I was freezing cold - and then there weren't any seats, so I had to stand for 45mins (oh the joys of commuting).....so a good start to the day really!!

In situations like this, when it would be SO easy to complain (believe me!), I'm often reminded of a teaching I heard once (by Gayle Claxton) about thankfulness.....which really showed me a few things. She shared that a friend of hers was very ill (literally dying) - and yet, was still thankful that the sun was shining through the window, and filling her room with sunlight..... Even when there was no strength left in her physical body - she found something to be thankful for.

How thankful are we? How thankful am I? How thankful should I be - for the fact that I've actually got two legs to stand on?

I was thinking about the verse in Colossians which talks about thankfulness, but before I had time to look it up - I saw that Pat's posted it on her blog today (well done Pat!) - so you can have a read. It's a good thought to keep in mind this Christmas - being thankful for everything that God has given us - most of all, His Son.

2 comments:

ginger luke said...

hmm, i am a little perplexed. The perplexing puzzle today doesnt make any sense!!!

Find the limit of 3 as omega tends to infinity. It doesnt give a definition of omega, or its role in relation to 3, therefore, the question is meaningless. im not happy! lol :-)

Penelope said...

Well....I've been looking at null values today - just what is the difference between 'blank' and 'null'? Important stuff when you're writing reports! If not isnull then.....oh, it's too late for this - I'm going home!