Friday, December 03, 2004

The Penster Returns.....

Well....I'm back from India - and what an awesome time it was!!

I'm still on Indian time (woke up at 4.30am yesterday and 3.30am today) - and going back to work has been a bit of a shock to the system (as has dropping 30C in temperature)!

Anyway.....where do I start? The School of Healing in Chennai was fantastic. 3,500 people attended each day, and there was some great teaching by John Fergusson & his brother Rob (from Hillsong, Sydney). Pictures and more info will follow soon, but there were some amazing healings and testimonies.

We had a great open air meeting (right next to the airport) one night (I love open airs) - and visited several other churches too. I also realised that in India, you have to be prepared to preach, sing, share a testimony, or tell a children's story at any moment!! We saw God move in an amazing way - including approx 150 people saved!

Visiting the orphanage was a very moving experience. It was great to meet all of the children, and they did a wonderful dance and drama presentation for us. I don't think there was a dry eye to be found when we had to say goodbye to the children....

I think we were all greatly challenged, and humbled - and words can't really express what we all felt. I'm very grateful that a lot of the experiences were captured on video (huge thanks to Tom for the loan of his video camera). I now have to work through eight hours of film, and approx 300 photos! More news will follow soon - so watch this space!

People have been commenting about me not having a tan - well, we were busy with the Son, not the sun!

Big thanks to all who prayed!

Pen x

3 comments:

PatK said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
PatK said...

Sorry, Pen - didn't mean to delete last message! Great to catch up on some news tonight at the International night - although it was hard to hear everything with a steel band playing a few yards away!!

Lovely outfit, by the way...

commentator33 said...

glad you had a good time Penny
Matthew 25:40
"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

I think God would like to smile over you and remind you of that and all the plans He still has for you His child

God Bless Penny