Wednesday, December 08, 2004

A fabulous soaking...

Whilst walking to the station today, a van drove past me (through a huge puddle) - and completely soaked me (this kind of thing is meant to happen in comedy films - not real life)! It made me laugh - so I thought I'd share the experience. The first word out of my mouth was 'fabulous' (yes, I know what you're thinking - and I have no idea why either!) - it wasn't really fabulous at all - but amusing none-the-less! :-)

Read a great article by Joyce Meyer on the train this morning (whilst drying out!) - all about eagles (and soaring). Basically, we shouldn't be "scratching around the chicken yard" and never getting far off the ground - but should be fulfulling our destiny and soaring with the eagles! Sometimes, we just have to 'grow up' and get out of our 'comfort zones' (which can be so easy to stay in).

Thought for the day:

Don't be satisfied with chicken-yard living - there's something much better!

But those who wait for the Lord [who expect, look for, and hope in Him] shall change and renew their strength and power; they shall lift their wings and mount up [close to God] as eagles [mount up to the sun]; they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint or become tired.
Isaiah 40:31 (Amp)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Sounds like you had a bit of a Bridget Jones moment!

Thanks for the thoughts....talking of eagles..its been a while since we sang Here I am waiting/Eagles wings in church -thats a good song.

Penelope said...

Do you know - I was only thinking of that song the other day. Maybe we should do it soon (although I should be thinking about Christmas carols)! :-)