Friday, December 31, 2004

Purpose Driven Life

Well....what a year! As 2004 draws to a close, do you (like me) - look back and wonder where the year's gone? It's times like this, that I'm often reminded of a verse in Psalm 100.....
For the LORD is good; His mercy is everlasting; and His faithfulness endures to all generations.
His faithfulness endures hour after hour, day after day, month after month, year after year, and to ALL generations - hallelujah!

It's been an interesting (and exciting) year!! God has blessed me more than I could have imagined....I'm so thankful that He has a wonderful plan for each of our lives - far beyond what we could ever hope or dream (Jeremiah 29:11)!! I've been to new places (you can read about them on my blog), I've had new experiences, met new friends, had fresh challenges (thank You Lord!) - and am looking forward to everything that God has for the new year!! Life is SO much more than 'being blessed' though....I've been looking at the book 'Purpose Driven Life' - let's live 2005 for God's purpose!
We were planned for God’s pleasure, so your first purpose is to offer real worship.

We were formed for God’s family, so your second purpose is to enjoy real fellowship.

We were created to become like Christ, so your third purpose is to learn real discipleship.

We were shaped for serving God, so your fourth purpose is to practice real ministry.

We were made for a mission, so your fifth purpose is to live out real evangelism.
Hope you all have an awesome 2005 - and enjoy serving our awesome God!!

People all over the world will be celebrating the new year tonight - but at this time, we particularly remember and pray for all those in South East Asia and Africa.

Pen xx

No comments: