Monday, February 28, 2005

A garment of praise....

Whilst praying about the worship etc on Sunday morning, the Lord put a couple of verses on my heart, so I just thought I'd share them here - in particular, verse 3 - He has given us a spirit of PRAISE, instead of a spirit of despair!!

Isaiah 61:1-3
1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me, because the LORD has anointed me to bring good tidings to the afflicted; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison doors to those who are bound; 2 to proclaim the year of the LORD's favour, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all who mourn; 3 to grant to those who mourn in Zion - to give them a garland instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, the mantle of praise instead of a spirit of heaviness; that they may be called oaks of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified.

It also reminded me of this song:
He’s given me a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair;
He’s given me a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair.
A crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning;
My soul rejoices as I delight myself in God.
He’s given me a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair;


Read Isaiah 61....read it out loud - and put your name in the gaps:
The Spirit of the Lord is upon [YOU]...........

No comments: