Saturday, February 05, 2005

Belonging...

Last Sunday morning in Church, we sang a wonderful song. When we were singing the chorus, I was really thinking about the words, and what it actually means to say that we 'belong' to someone. Jesus really is the reason that I live, and the reason that I sing - with all I am.

It made me think of wedding vows - when a husband and wife make a commitment - 'all that I have is yours, all that I am I give to you etc etc'. It made me think how committed God is to each one of us - and how He's already given all that He has - His Son, Jesus - to be ours. No matter what our state is - whether we are rich or poor, in sickness or in health - God is and has committed to us - hallelujah! What should our response be to this?.....mine was verse two.

Into Your hands I commit again
All I am, for You Lord
You hold my world, in the palm of Your hands
And I am Yours
Forever

Jesus I believe in You
Jesus I belong to You
You’re the reason that I live
The reason that I sing
With all I am


I'll walk with You wherever You go
Through tears and joy
I'll trust in You
And I will live, in all of Your ways
And Your promises
Forever

I will worship
I will worship You


Reuben Morgan

1 comment:

PatK said...

I see many people who feel they never belong anywhere - and as such, have no link, no bond, no attachment - to people, or even to things.

God makes sure we belong - great feeling

Thanks Pen