Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Too busy to blog....

Apologies for the lack of blog posts - but if I said that life had been busy - it would be an understatement!

I can't believe that it's six weeks' since I handed in my notice (where does the time go?)!! I'm currently finishing all of my work (as I leave work this Friday), training my replacement (a nice guy called David) - and haven't had the chance to even think about Australia yet! I've got my ticket, passport, visa and laptop (the important things!) - and will think about the rest (including the ipod) next week!

So....what's been happening.....well - had a great time on Wednesday evening - met up with Linda - I should explain how this happened.....I was waiting for someone in Starbucks one day - and just got chatting to the person next to me (as you do!) for AN HOUR - and it turned out that we both had connections with India - so we kept in touch, and met up again Weds eve (and found that we can both make a chicken out of a tea towel - don't ask!).

Friday - took the day off work and enjoyed the sunshine (before you get jealous - read on)......got up at 6am - did two hours' ironing and then spent four hours on the M25 and M3 (this wasn't as bad as it sounds - thanks to the air-con, and some great preaching tapes I had in the car - made all the more interesting, in that the message was in English and Finnish!)

Spent a fab w/end in Salisbury with John & Bron (who I'm flying to Oz with) - for their farewell parties (all three of them!), as unlike me, they won't be coming back to the UK, but emigrating to NZ. Saturday night - all of the 'India crowd' (see Archives - November 2004) were there too - so it was great to catch up with them again.

Went strawberry picking too (first time in approx 20 yrs!). Also, ended up singing in the worship band on Sunday morning. Bron was leading worship - and turned to me (during the notices) and said 'read something inspirational'...so with all of 30 seconds to prepare - we had an 'inspiration' from the Psalms (it nearly turned into a 'preach' - but I managed to stop myself!). Sometimes it's good to be 'put on the spot' - so watch out worship team this Sunday - because....IT COULD BE YOU!!!

Thought I'd be intelligent(!) and leave late on Sunday (to miss the traffic)....I then spent a few more hours on the M25 (in roadworks) and arrived home at midnight. It was worth it though!

Went to Praise Academy last night at church - so watch out for new songs coming your way!!

Oh - went to the dentist this morning too. I know you normally have teeth OUT at the dentist, but today, I had one put IN! He said that unfortunately it was going to cost £x amount, which was HALF what they'd originally quoted (don't you just love it when that happens?). Even after querying it - he assured me it was correct, so I was a happy bunny!

So....that's a SUMMARY of what I've been up too (and if you've read this far - congratulations!) - pics will follow soon (probably tomorrow)..... In usual 'Penster' fashion, you either get NO blogging - or SEVERAL posts all at once - so I'm just about to start the next one....stay tuned!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice one Neil!

yeah Penny, you are gonna have to explain that one and how on earth did it come up in the conversation!!?

SarahB said...

Do you have the recipe for t towel chicken?????

All I can say is that you have an interesting and varied life...

Hope that all goes well this week for you.

:-)

Sarah

Nicole's Psalm said...

Busy, well nice busy I think. Me too I want to see that chicken soon. Nicole