Friday, June 03, 2005

He goes before us.....

Every day, I walk past a guy selling papers - on a street corner near to where I work. I've seen him every day for two years - and we always say 'hello' or have a chat in the mornings. It's cool.....

Last week - I was going through my bookshelf, and came across a copy of Run Baby Run by Nicky Cruz. I re-read it this week on the train - and this morning, as I stopped by the corner, I asked him if he would like to read the book.

He took it - and saw 'NICKY CRUZ' in huge letters on the front - and said 'I heard Nicky Cruz, at Crystal Palace when I was 15 years old'. Ok - then I was surprised..... He then went on to tell me that he went to Spring Harvest (Skeggy!) when he was 18 - and used to play drums in two churches in London....but left, and hasn't been back for some years....
I then shared a bit of Bill's story - before heading off to work.

Ever get the feeling that God has gone before us? I certainly got that this morning! God moves in mysterious ways - and often when we least expect it!

Then......if that didn't surprise me enough....whilst working this afternoon, my colleague suggested we put some music on - and suggested 'some of that funky Christian stuff you've got'. As the 'acting boss' this week - I was only too happy to oblige!! So....we had a great afternoon (and got loads of work done) - listening to Delirious and Hillsong!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whhooooo hooooooooooooooo!

Sounds like you've had an amazing day!!

It always amazes me how when we step out in faith, its like God has already started to work in that persons life without us knowing it and so we always seem to get gobsmacked at their response! I need to stop imagining the worse reaction and know what God is capable of, as when I do step out, the reaction is always positive.

Keep going Penny!! Exciting stuff!

commentator33 said...

Wow wow wow -
I'm thinking that's so cool cool cool!!!!
God is so Awesome inour lives. What an amazing and real God He is. I love it when we get the chance to evangelsie and God works things out.

Praise goes to Him

Blessings Penny
Shasa