Wednesday, June 01, 2005

I haven't blogged for ages.....

I can't believe it's been a whole WEEK!!!

Oohh, it's been busy....and continues to be....I'm the boss at work this week! Yes, hard to believe I know - but it's true.....I have been left in charge for 10 days(!) - so am v.busy!

Friday had a fab evening in London - met up with Michelle for pizza - sat outside and made the most of the warm day (which I'm glad about, seeing as it's been raining ever since)!

Coming home on the train later that evening, I was just walking through the carriages - when I was stopped by an ex work colleague. So...I joined him and his rugby mates for the journey home. Matt started asking me about my trip to Indonesia - which then turned into a very interesting discussion about God/Christianity etc - with him, his four mates, and a nice 'older' lady who was on her way home from the Chelsea flower show - and just happened to be sitting with them all. Amazing - if a little bizarre!

Weekend was great - but busy (what's new). Had a great day in church on Sunday - the children were in (with drums - awesome!); Jim & Judi Braddy were visiting from California - and we also got to watch the new T-Rex DVD (honestly!). Have a read of Neil's post - and....check out this website too!! Rock on!

I shared a quick thought which had been on my heart last week - so thought I'd share it here too.....

While listening to the song 'With All I Am' (Reuben Morgan), there's a line in the song which says 'You hold my world, in the palm of Your hand' and it reminded me of the following verse: 'Who has measured the waters in the hollow of His hand....'
Isaiah 40:12(a)


The One who has measured the waters in His hand (not just a cup of water either - think 'Atlantic Ocean') - is also the One who holds YOU in the palm of His hand....the One that says 'The very hairs of your head are all numbered' (Matthew 10:30), and the One that says 'I have redeemed YOU; I have called YOU by name; YOU are Mine' (Isaiah 43:1) It's almost like a comparison between the greatness of God - how awesome He is - but yet how interested He is (in us), and so much so, that even the tiniest details of our lives matter to Him!! Awesome......well - it blessed me anyway!

Monday - Bank Holiday...yay!!! Woke up at 6.30am (don't you just LOVE it when that happens - especially on a day when you actually could have a lie in!). Actually woke up feeling like a 'domestic goddess'(??!!) - so decided to bake a cake! The last time this happened, was in 1994!! Ha ha! Anyway - it was a v.nice cake - and didn't last very long in our house!

Took the dog for a walk in the woods, and got absolutely soaked! You know, you can take the girl out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the girl! Came back from the walk....(picture it - no make-up, jeans, wellies) and helped to move the cows into another field - then walked round the field to check that the fence was all ok. Got soaked - again!
Ah, life on the farm..........!

Had a great evening at Caroline's (Youth Plus BBQ). A big thank you to Caroline and Robyn for all their hard work! :-)

Yesterday.....decided it's 'what's on the inside that counts - not what's on the outside' - so decided to buy a Dell laptop instead of a Sony Vaio (same spec but £250 cheaper)! Ordered it from a very nice lady in Hyderabad (India) - and we ended up having a little chat about my visit to India! Still didn't get a free case though....

Oohhh, it's a long post, but I want to keep going. Think I'll finish this one - and start another.....

Be blessed!
Pen x

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hiya Penster!

Hope your not barking after certain food this week! woof!

Great blogging again!
Lisa

I have had Reuben Morgan's 'With All I Am' stuck in my head for weeks as I brought his album 'to see through his eyes' a few weeks back.

The line that says 'Jesus I believe in you, Jesus I belong to you, your the reason that I live' always sticks out for me.

He is the reason why we are all here today -He is the reason why we are living. We belong to Him. I've seen people wearing t-shirts that say 'God's property' on them. We belong to Him. Is He the reason why you are living today?

Penelope said...

Preach it Lisa!
:-)