Monday, July 25, 2005

Update......

Hi! More pics soon, but in the meantime....

Saturday evening - four of us had dinner at the Hyatt Hotel near here (my cousin works there). They had a lady playing a grand piano and singing in the lounge area - but she finished at 10.30pm. Having not been near a piano for over a week, I was starting to get withdrawal symptoms - so before I knew it, Liz (who was with us), asked if I could play the piano!

What followed - was two hours of worship songs! Then, a guy called David came over to the piano, and said "was that a Hillsong song you were just playing?" Anyway, it turns out that there was a group of guys from Hillsong (Sydney) in the hotel for a work conference - so we got chatting about the Hillsong conference etc....and a few more Hillsong numbers followed. The girl behind the bar said "the music's lovely - but I don't recognise any of the songs..." So, I explained that I was from England, and went to church, and these were some of the songs! How cool was that?!

Then.....I'd been looking for a church to go to on Sunday..... Anyway, my Uncle and Aunt are having an extension finished here - and on Saturday morning, I met one of the workmen, who happened to be wearing a Michael W.Smith t-shirt. As it happens....him and his wife (who works with my Aunt) had recently been to a MWS concert - so we got chatting, and obviously worked out that we were both Christians. So.....Sunday, they invited me to go to church with them, and we went to Generation Church (run by a great couple who are my age(!) - and used to be Youth Pastors at Hillsong Sydney). We had a fab day - great time in church, had lunch out, visited Pancakes in Paradise - where you eat all the pancakes you can manage (which I did!!) - then we watched the sunset at the beach (Surfers Paradise), and headed back to church for the evening service! The church has been running for six months, has seen 200 saved in that time - and has grown to several hundred! Awesome!

Don't you just love it when God arranges stuff like that? I do!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi Penny ... rolling by to say hi ... glad too that u that you had a great time .. i can just feel it emanating from this posting :)

SarahB said...

Hi Penster,

I can just picture the Grand Piano scene...

Isn't it wonderful the way that God works.

Really glad that you are having a great time. Your openness just allows God to bless you until overflowing and you get all the pancakes you can eat!!

With love,

:-) Sarah xx

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhhhh wow!

trust you to jump on the grand piano! nice one!

Elim had one once upon a time ago and if my toddler memory serves me correctly, it was a weird shade of green?!

Lovin the way God is working and using you in so many ways and blessing you lots!

Keep blogging and praising Him!
God bless
Lisa

Nicole's Psalm said...

Evening service after watching the sunset. What time was the service. Sounds like you are having a good time and blessing others. I'm really blessed by 'you are someone special' Keep up the blogging. Praying for you.

PatK said...

Just caught up with all your blogs from the last 3 weeks - amazin' or what?!

Thanks for the e-mail - will respond directly

Keep having a great time - we miss you loads, but are thrilled at how God is blessing you

Love and huge hugs