Thursday, July 21, 2005

G'day from the Gold Coast

After a WONDERFUL time in Sydney, I flew up to the Gold Coast last Saturday. I'm now staying with my Aunt, Uncle and Cousins, in Hope Island.

Yesterday - we went to Byron Bay (the most easterly point in Australia) - and actually saw a whale off the coast! That was rather cool - and I even managed to get it on video!! (Did you see any at Colchester Zoo Luke?!?)

Although it's winter here - the weather is much the same as England. It's quite funny, because the Aussies all think it's really cold - but to me - it's nice weather (and I haven't needed the thermals yet!)

We're off out now - so I'd better go....

Laters.....
Pen xxx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hiya mate!

Wow a whale -cool ain't it! I loved whale watching in Boston last year -totally amazing seeing them in their natural environment!

Glad to see that you've seen Koalas already!

Tis very quiet back ere without you! Although I have seen a rather smart looking reporter in the area, who could be your twin!!

Looking forward to seeing you soon
God bless
Lisa

commentator33 said...

hi Penny
glad to hear from you
just thought I'd say, I've been looking across your blog and your travels in Australia and they're really inspiring

hope things continue to go well
pray God will have His hand with you

bye
God bless:)

SarahB said...

Hi Penster,

Really glad you are having such a great time.

Seeing you with the Kangas reminded me of when I visited my Aunt in Canberra and we went to a Wildlife Place. This kanga followed me round the entire park and I wanted to take it home with me...

Have a ball and enjoy your trip. Weird seeing you on the "big screen" at church without you being there.

Praying for you.

Take care,

:-)

Sarah