Wednesday, July 13, 2005

G'day from Sydney!!

Hi all!

Having an AWESOME time here!! Conference was great (but busy) - so no time for blogging!

20,000 in the meetings each day, 3,000 saved during the week.....great teaching, worship etc! I've also been to Hills Church and City Church, and yes, we went straight to a meeting after travelling for 24 hrs - great fun!

Thursday night was a concert with Michael W Smith - and right in the middle of it, we heard the news about the London bombings - so the concert stopped in the middle, and 20,000 joined in prayer for everyone involved. Thoughts and prayers are with everyone.....

There's been 10 of us all staying with some of the Pastors here (ones I met in India) - and they have been fantastic to us! For all those who have talked about 'God connections' - well, it's really been happening! It's amazing that this week, I've been with six people who I first met on a mission trip in Nigeria in 2000 - great fun!

I've seen a kangaroo, the Opera House (and the Harbour Bridge), met Darlene, and had dinner with Reinhard Bonnke (and the rest of the Hillsong crew)!

I'm finally over the jet-lag, but must confess that I fell asleep in a couple of meetings....we're 9 hours ahead here, so I guess it was to be expected! Am a little tired today, coz some of us stayed up until 2am praying - but had an awesome time!!!

I'm still in Sydney....am leaving here tomorrow, and staying with another friend (still in Sydney) - who I used to work with a couple of years ago. Am then planning to head up to Brisbane at the weekend for the next part of the journey!

Stay tuned!!! Pics will follow shortly (coz I'm not on my PC at the mo)!

Be blessed!

Pen xx

3 comments:

ginger luke said...

or write some new songs?! ;-)
great to hear from you! so cool that you are having sich an amazing time! look forward to seeing the pictures

SarahB said...

Your excitement is contagious. Can't wait to hear more about what God is doing in your life.

With love and prayer.

:-)

Sarah

Anonymous said...

G'day matey!

Nice to hear you are having an AWESOME time! Anyone else feel like packing and joining her!?!

Don't forget to hold a koala!! Dunno why but I love koalas, even though I've never seen one for real -how very strange!

If you see any pictures of Jacki Weaver while you are in Aus -she is not my mum!

Can't wait to hear more and see ya pics! I'm off to get a cold drink as its really hot back ere, hot and sticky!

You should set up a satellite link and join us leading worship in cathedral 2mura night!

God bless
Lisa