Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Lunchtime in the City

Well......yesterday, believe it or not (and you probably will!) - I went to church at lunchtime! There seem to be a number of churches not too far from my office...anyway - one of them has a lunchtime service for just 1/2 hr, so I thought I'd go along. It was quite surreal really - to see people rushing to get to church for the 1.15pm service - all different ages, and 99% of them in suits! When I went in, I found there were approx 250-300 people all waiting to hear the lunchtime message!

After a busy morning of report writing ie: if not isnull (x) then y, else z (kind of thing) - it was a welcome relief!

I was quite excited by the sight of a drum kit and a grand piano - but we started off with a hymn (on the organ), followed by a message from 1 Peter 1 (mainly about the hope that we have as Christians).

Today I went to Starbucks for lunch (with Bridget who works upstairs)....Bridget's from Perth so we were talking about Oz quite a bit.

No plans for tomorrow as yet, but the MD is over from Paris, so it's likely to be a busy day....

No comments: