Thursday, July 15, 2004

Life on the trains.....

Well, this morning I caught the 7.46am train (it was one of those days where you get the car park space you want, the trains are on time....generally good!)

I haven't yet ordered the last book of the Left Behind series - so thought I'd read a book by Darlene Zschech, on worship. The train pulled into London - and the guy sitting next to me (who I thought had been asleep the whole way) - had obviously been glancing at my book (people do that on trains!) - and asked me if I was a Christian. It turned out that he was a Christian too (although from a more 'traditional' background - his words!) so we had a quick chat! You just never know who you're going to meet next!

I do have some interesting stories - ask me sometime.....

Another thing happened the other day (commuting can be SO much fun sometimes!?!) - I got a taxi back from the station to my car (I usually walk - but it was raining & I was late) - and the taxi driver asked me what I thought about commuting...so I told him. He then went on to say that I was the first person he'd ever met, that didn't mind the commute each day! (He was a little surprised none-the-less). I mean, I wouldn't put 'commuting to London' on a 'Top Ten List of Things to Do' - but a lot of what happens, depends on what you make of it! (I'd better stop, I sense some deep philosophical thoughts emerging!!)
......anyway - it's about time I left work and caught another train.....

No comments: