Tuesday, July 20, 2004

The four girls turn heads in Folkestone....

Oh yes, us four girls were definitely turning heads on Saturday afternoon (albeit those of sheep)!!! 
 
I will explain..... 
 
Growing up on a farm (with a pet sheep!), I have been able to perfect my 'sheep call' (ie, a good 'baa').  You've heard of 'The Horse Whisperer', well, I am a 'Sheep Whisperer'!  (It's just one of the two strange talents I have!  I'm saving the other talent for the next Church w/end away!)  :-)
 
Whilst happily driving through the countryside (singing four part harmonies to 'Amazing Grace', 'This Little Light of Mine', 'Oh Happy Day' and other such classics) - we came across a few fields full of sheep!  A little 'Carpe Diem' moment for me....I put the window down, turned off the music, and gave it my best shot....a few (rather a lot actually) loud bursts of 'baa'.  I'm not joking, when I say that the sheep looked up, looked at me, and then replied!!!!  Oh yes, I guess you had to be there to fully appreciate the moment, but what a moment it was!!  Three different fields - and it worked every time.  I also tried it on a field of cows (obviously changing the 'baa' to a 'moo') - and then on a horse that we found (that one was a bit harder).......
 
Some of you will be reading this thinking 'that girl's strange' (if you don't already!) - but this was just another 'normal' afternoon in the life of Penster.......

3 comments:

commentator33 said...

When God made Adam, I wonder if he could speak to all the animals and they understand Him. After all he was given authority over all creation so maybe he could tell all the animal wot to do.

That includes sheep as well...
I think Penny has a very special gift here that we should all aspire to have,

lol
Keep it up Penny, the novelty definately hasn't worn off.
shasa

Penelope said...

Yeah, I think you should definitely all aspire to this one!! Ha ha!

Here's something to make you all laugh...at lunchtime today (3pm - work was hectic) - I decided to take 1/2 hour and sit and eat lunch (with some pigeons). It was lovely - really nice....until I returned to the office, and my colleagues pointed out that I had some pigeon's.... (I'll leave this to your imagination!!) on my suit trousers.....! I'm now off to find some more trousers and drop my suit in at the dry cleaners!

Ok...you can stop laughing now.....it's not that funny! :-)

commentator33 said...

I'm very sorry to hear the bad news with your trousers

:-(

It well annoying when something like that happens. My sister was doing handstands in the garden the oher day and she put her hand in a massive one by accident.

Anyway, its ok because we never get anything like that happen to us without the will of our Father in Heaven. He does have a sense of humour after all. Showing us that in the long term, stuff like trousers means very little compared to His plans for our lives.

shasa