Tuesday, May 02, 2006

New job!!!

Today I started my new job, as Youth Pastor at Church! Ann and I have a month's handover time - before she leaves to have her ickle baby - bless!

It's cool for lots of reasons - but also because I knew from the age of 16/17 that I would be in full-time ministry one day. When people used to ask me that question 'what do you do?', I always used to reply with 'well, I work in insurance, but one day I believe I'll be in full-time ministry'.

I realised that over the years, I had stopped saying the last part, because although I believed that it would happen, I couldn't quite see how and when. It was only three weeks' ago - when I remembered this and thought 'hey, in three weeks' time, I'm going to be in full-time ministry!' Even though it's only for seven months, and I'm now 30 (not 17) - it's all part of God's plan - which is pretty awesome really!

So, if God's put something in your heart - trust Him with it! It may take a few years to come to fruition - but it's worth the wait!

Have a great week!
Pen x

PS: you might want to pray for the Elim crew who have to work with me now!! :-)

5 comments:

PatK said...

Always do, my love, always do!

Have fun in the handover, and make sure that someone tops up the account at Starbucks!

Love to you and Ann

Pat

Lisa said...

Tis gonna be great working with ya Penny!

And from June I'm back in your PM2 team too! So you'll have to put up with me, more than ever! lol

SarahB said...

Fantastic to see you used in this way, Penny! You will be a real blessing to the Ministry Team.

Fancy a celebratory coffee???

ginger luke said...

hey penny!

hows it going? hope the hand over goes well! ive heard the new building rocks!

take it easy

luke

Mini Gibley said...

YAY can't wait gonna be awesome!!!
GOd bless
Rachel x