Tuesday, May 23, 2006

A week in the life of a Youth Pastor.......

I've moved into my new desk (or desks) - and here's a little pic for you all. The background is a bit 'blue' at the moment - so will soon be sorted out (and customised in usual 'Penster' fashion!) I always think that a girl can never have too many computers(!). The ambience is good.....the lava lamp's going.....Hillsong & Delirious DVD is playing in the background....yes - it's a good place to be! Oh, and check out the blow up globe in the corner of the desk - totally fab! All it needs now are a few fish in a tank on the desk - and we're almost there!!

Yesterday I went to High Leigh with Annie (we thought we'd start our w/end away early!)...no, not really - we had to make sure that everything's in place for this weekend (and sample the coffee & biscuits - v.important!). I'd recommend the oat crunch biccies, but not the jammy rings - they were lacking in cream...nuff said really!

I was thinking about joining the 'Songs of Praise' crew in Chelmsford Cathedral tonight - but thankfully (for them) they were full....so it's an evening with the Elim worship team instead, to practice/plan for the weekend!

Tomorrow I'm off to Carrotty Wood - and then off to meet Glen Podd (the Metropolitan East Regional Youth Director!). Then Thursday - I'm speaking at the Ladies meeting in the morning, then have a meeting in the afternoon - then Friday it's off to High Leigh for the church w/end - yay!!!

In the meantime I've got lots of stuff to sort out for High Leigh....music to think about - and thoughts for Thursday morning!

More soon....
Pen x

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Woo hoo you go girl!!

I bet that blue background is pink by this time next week!

Can us youth leaders start giving you jobs to do now then....lists of stuff lol -just kidding........

although...!

SarahB said...

Yes, this looks pensterised...

Praying that you will have a fantastic time away and that you will be truly blessed.

God bless,

Sarah x

Penelope said...

Yep - send all your ideas, list of jobs etc - my way!!!!

I'm ready for the challenge!

Pen x

Helen said...

Yes Penny you will have to make some changes, pink is a youth leader Pensters must have!

You have Lornas approval, she was well impressed with the Penster disco car, windows down and music blaring, fabulous!

You are a busy lady, well done - Penster Power!