Saturday, April 29, 2006

Goodbye to a very special person....

Last weekend, my Gran passed away peacefully in her sleep, whilst on a family holiday in France. It's been a very sad week for us as a family, and a complete shock, as she was full of laughter, life and health - and very close and special to us all.

....But faith in Christ alone, gives us the assurance of heaven. When you die - what then? John Maxwell tells of attending a funeral where the following poem was read: "I am standing on the seashore. A ship appears, spreads her white sails to the morning breeze and starts for the ocean. She is an object of beauty and I stand watching her till last she fades away on the horizon. Somebody at my side quietly says, 'She is gone.' Gone where? Gone from my vision, that is all; she is just as large as when I saw her last. The diminished size and loss of sight is in me, not her; and just at the moment when someone at my side says 'She is gone,' there are others who are watching her coming, and voices take up the joyful shout, 'Here she comes!'"

Thanks for all your texts, e-mails, cards, phone calls and prayers - they have been appreciated more than you know.
Pen xx

2 comments:

Helen said...

Penny that's a really nice photo on the link of your gran, I'm sure you brought much fun into her life, cherish those memories,
luv Helen x.

SarahB said...

Thanks for sharing this with us Penny. Memories are so precious and special.

May God bless you and your family at this difficult time.

Sarah x