Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Oh my goodness - I'm at the gym!!!!

Yes, I'm as shocked as you are! I should add though, that I'm on the internet, and have just finished a cappuccino (courtesy of Helen - thanks!), and would you believe, I've just signed up!!! It probably has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that it's got a Starbucks on site, and free internet access etc!!! However, I thought it was about time that I thought about getting fit (again!) and the fact that I can sit here (with a coffee), updating my blog and THINK about fitness, is just about perfect! I feel better already, and I've only been here a little while. The added bonus is that in the space of a short time this afternoon I've met half (ok, maybe that's a slight exaggeration) of the church here!

Happy days!!
Watch this space for news of any progress! Ha ha ha!

PS - I have an induction booked for 10th April - so if you could all pray that I just survive that - that would be fab! I think I'm still in shock....!

I'm off for a 10 mile run now.....

3 comments:

Helen said...

Penny, we can meet up for some personal training, I can advise you on the best way to reach your goals, how to maintain and be motivated in your new you.........it's through the door, turn right, cappuchino's are £1.20!!

See ya there!!!

PatK said...

Welcome to the Gym, Pen!

I want you to know that workouts completed before breakfast score extra brownie points! So the fact that I was completing this morning's workout by 7;10 am is not bad, eh? And that was with an outside temperature of minus 1 degree!!

Have fun
Pat

SarahB said...

Well, sounds like this gymn has everything that a girl could wish for - any chocolate?

HOpe all goes well on the 10th!

:-)

Sarah