Monday, August 29, 2005

Hi from NZ!

I'm in NZ!! Arrived last Tuesday AND....got upgraded on the flight (God is so good!). Having a fab time here - staying with John & Bron in Takanini (not far from Auckland). There's a racehorse training complex right opposite - so there are loads of horses around!

I've been offered two jobs in two days! The first was working in an exclusive chocolate shop (I know what you're thinking)!! Sadly, I had to decline - as I told the guy honestly, that I would eat far too many, and he wouldn't make a profit this year! Second job was a Business Analyst....mmmm - difficult choice!!

A book was recommended to me recently - and I've managed to come across a copy. If you haven't read it - get hold of a copy of 'There is Always Enough' by Rolland & Heidi Baker - it's a remarkable story of a missionary couple and their work in Mozambique and South East Africa - truly inspiring and moving (you have been warned!)

Church yesterday was awesome! Went to CLCA - Christian Life Centre Auckland. It's a bit strange knowing that we'd finished the evening service here, and the first morning service was only just beginning back home! It's amazing really - people are praising God 24/7 all around the world!

1 comment:

SarahB said...

Hi Pen,

Chocolate salesman(!)how could you sell with your mouth full?

Really glad God has a plan for your future just think where you could end up!!

You missed such an awesome(!)stage presence of landlubbers on Sunday. Pirate Tween kept us all entertained. You can get this on DVD...

God bless,

:-)

Sarah