Thursday, August 18, 2005

G'day!

More pics coming soon..... In the meantime, a quick update:

W/end 5th-7th Aug - travelled North to Toowoomba to catch up with Avril & Michael for the weekend. Had an amazing time - we travelled for a further two hours North to their land - which is literally in the middle of nowhere....26 acres of secluded woodland - v.peaceful! I saw eagles, loads of kangas, a possum (at last!), parrots and a few redbacks!

On the Monday - spent 8 hrs on a bus (not half as bad as it sounds!) - went back to Brisbane, then head for the Sunshine Coast - final destination: Maryborough (to stay with my other Aunt and Uncle for a week). Had a great time - and went whale watching in Hervey Bay, aboard Quick Cat II. I had a whale of a time (again!). Seriously though, it was quite awesome! The whales weigh up to 40 tonnes each (their lungs are the size of small cars) - and they came within a metre of our boat!
Sunday - went to Christian Outreach Centre (Maryborough) - and had a great morning! Came back to the Gold Coast on Sunday evening.

Last Friday, I met up with Reuben & Hazel Frankland - a great couple, who used to come and speak at the church I was previously at. They emigrated four years' ago - and I hadn't seen them since then. It was only a two hour drive from my Aunt's house, so I braved the Aussie roads and headed off.... They shared an inspiring story....they went travelling for six months - and came back 18 years later!!! I could learn from this! I'm hoping to spend a bit more time with them when I'm back from NZ. They are missionaries who have 'walked the walk' - and have some amazing stories!

Talking of NZ - I'm off to Auckland next week, to see John & Bron. I'll be flying out either Monday or Tuesday - and also visiting CLC whilst I'm there!

It's getting warmer here on the Gold Coast (approx 23C) - so I'm making the most of it - as it's only 16C in NZ at the moment!

Tuesday - went to the Royal Queensland Show (particularly enjoyed seeing the horses!), then yesterday, went to Generation Women - and my cousin Lynette came too. Bought 'Live at Abbey Road' by London Community Gospel Choir - and played it on the way home! It's a cool CD (if you like gospel)!

If any of you get Revelation TV - check the listings, as Suzette Hattingh is doing some TV interviews - and they'll be worth watching!

It was great to catch up on church news this week - in particular to hear that there's a mission team in Romania - and another in Brazil! Awesome!! I'll look forward to hearing all about it!

That's all folks!
Pen xx

1 comment:

Nicole's Psalm said...

Good to hear your news. Praying for you. keep safe. Have a good time in NZ.