Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Quick update.....

Well, work's busy (but good) - and I'm now a Keyworker, which means that I'm basically responsible for sorting out one young person’s medical, educational and personal needs. If any of you have watched 'Brat Camp' (Channel 4 9pm Weds) - you'll get an understanding of the type of YP that I work with, day in day out! Really quite interesting....one minute they swear at you (which can also involve being hit and spat at - on a bad day!) - I've also had water thrown over me, but at least the YP made sure it was warm beforehand (very considerate)!....never mind that I had to go to an appointment looking like I'd wet myself....but that's another story! Other times, they are little angels - and a complete delight to spend time with! This week has been great - because it's half-term - which means lots of fun and activities. So far this week, I've spent a couple of hours at Quasar (lazer) - and tomorrow we're heading off to Warwick Castle for the day! I'm a bit gutted though, because it was meant to be Cadburyworld (SO much more my kind of thing) - but the prospect of a group of us arriving for their last available slot at 9.20AM!!! was just way too early to even think about, so we've settled for the castle instead.

Work was erm, interesting today - we were told to take a blindfold and something to eat, to the team meeting!! Not knowing what was going to happen (and whether even the food would be analysed) - I played it safe, and took Angel slices (Mr Kipling's - and if you haven't tried them - it's worth it!) - they're sweet, pink - and angelic! :-)

I'd better explain.....

We had to get into twos, and then one person had to be blindfolded, and sit on their hands - then the other person had to feed them something (could've been ANYTHING!) It was quite amusing, but illustrated a good point - about how vulnerable people can feel when they don't have all of their senses - or are put into a different kind of environment.

I'm enjoying my job - but also have a few other options to pray about at the moment. Those of you who know, know what I'm talking about. Anyone who doesn't know - watch this space! Life certainly continues to be exciting!

More soon....
Pen x

No comments: