Friday, October 28, 2005

Off to Northampton....

As I haven't been away for a few weeks(!) - I've volunteered myself (or something like that??!) to help at the youth weekend away in Northampton this weekend! Looks like it'll be busy (Helpers meetings are 7.30am) - and five worship slots to lead!

I've also got to take my guitar for a sing song round the camp fire! If anyone's ever heard me play the guitar - you will know that much prayer is needed!!

This means that we'll be away Sunday morning - but heading back for the evening service (and my 6th worship leading slot of the weekend!) Please feel free to nudge me if you see me nodding off in the evening service - as it looks like it's gonna be a busy w/end!!

At the same time, it's exciting..... I know how much the youth weekends meant to me when I was a teenager - so let's pray for all the YP this w/end, and Ann (as she leads everything) and all the other helpers too!

Other news:
I've got a temporary job (had I mentioned that before?). Anyway, yesterday I wondered if you could actually die of boredom!! - but, I have been praising God for ipods this week, because it means that even if you're doing a less than interesting job, you can at least listen to some good preaching, and songs along the way! I find that a good gospel version of 'Oh Happy Day' is just the thing!!

Want to read an amazing testimony?

Be blessed!!!

See y'all soon,
Pen xx

2 comments:

SarahB said...

Hi Pen,

You'll have a fab weekend just hope you still have a voice...

Is the temp work ongoing? Is'nt it great that you get paid for worship!! I can remember being a receptionist where I hardly had any calls so didn't know how to keep myself occupied. Having checked with all available staff I was unable to help them. Then God spoke to me... I wrote out all the verses of scripture that I could remember (a mere 43!) I need to do this again soon.

:-)

Sarah

Tracie said...

Hi Penny,
Hope you had a great weekend with the youth - my Laura has said that she had a really good time - that made me really glad that we encouraged her to go now - l have to say as l watched the coach pull away l did think l wished l was on it !! May God bless this week for you - it was good to meet you at the church and have a natter there was a real sense of joyful fellowship amongst everyone -
Tracie