Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Back on the ground......

It's been a great time away - but it's great to be back too!

Yep, I'm back on the ground (for another few weeks anyway!) Huge thanks to Jo, Tony & Brenda for giving me a lift back from the airport - it was v.appreciated!

It's been SOOOO good to see everyone again, and catch up on what's happening! Awesome to be back at church too! People have been asking how it feels to be back - well, it's awesome! I'm excited to be back, and see what's going on - and to get back involved with everything again!

As the plane came into land in London, I looked out of the window and thought to myself 'well, the adventure's come to an end'......then I was reminded that actually, the adventure's only just begun.......

Since being back I've done several things, including trying to lose the Aussie accent (apparently unsuccessfully - as someone asked me if I was an Aussie today!).

I had to laugh the other day - I spent the morning in jeans and wellies (walking the dog) - and spent the afternoon in a suit, armed with my CV looking for temporary work for the next few weeks.....because I'm off to the Philippines at the beginning of November!!! Anyway, a few agency interviews and tests behind me, I started my first temporary assignment today!

Saturday was an awesome day! 200 or so Ladies at church! Great preaching from the girls (you know who you are!) - including our guest speaker, Celia Bowring who spoke in the afternoon - great worship led by Carolyn too. All in all, a fantastic day! For more news on the day - have a look at Pat's and Helen's blog.

Ah yes, then there was Sunday!! What can I say??? After leading worship in Discoverers (5-11s) I went into church for the rest of the service.....let's just say that the presence of God was amazing. I don't think I've ever experienced a meeting quite like that at church - and I was very moved! Let's just say - I had a good (very good) morning - and if you want to know more, probably best to ask me (or ask those who were there!) oh, and yes, I have stopped laughing now ;-)

So, what's next? For three weeks or so in November - I'm heading to the Philippines for a ministry trip with JF Ministries. It sounds like it's definitely going to be an adventure (and I don't just mean the 20hr ferry crossing) however, I'm up for anything - and I think that it'll be a fabulous trip - and God will use it for His glory!! One good thing, on Saturday I was trying to sort out the flights, and was told that the flight I wanted was completely full - which meant that I would have to fly out first thing on a Monday morning (good time to get round the M25 - not!) and would mean that there wouldn't be time to meet up with Roz in Singapore (who I'll be travelling with). Anyway, I agreed to be waitlisted for the flight - and got a telephone call (from a very surprised travel agent) 1/2 hr later to say that there was a seat available on the earlier flight which I'd wanted - PTL!!! More news on the trip, nearer the time....

I can only imagine......
Have a look at the lyrics.... it's a fabulous song - sent from a fabulous friend today! Certainly gives you something to think about.....

Well, it's a long post - but there's a lot to catch up on!
Have a good week all!!
Pen xx

1 comment:

PatK said...

Fab to have you back!

Great preach in Praise Academy last night, honey. Been thinking about pliability all day.....

Glad today went well

dan Tuhan mencintai anda!!!