Thursday, May 05, 2005

Be Thou My Vision


Be Thou my vision, O Lord of my heart,
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art;
Thou my best thought in the day and the night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my wisdom, be Thou my true word,
I ever with Thee and Thou with me Lord;
Thou my great Father, and I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Riches I heed not, nor man's empty praise:
Thou mine inheritance all of my days;
Thou and Thou only, Thou first in my heart;
High King of heaven, my treasure Thou art.

High King of heaven, when battle is done;
Grant heaven's joy to me, bright heaven's sun;
Christ of my own heart, whatever befall
Still be my vision, Thou Ruler of all.


In response to questions I've had - yes, this is a real picture, taken (by me) whilst flying back to Jakarta. I was listening to this song at the time, and it really blessed me! Click on the title to hear a version of it. If you need Real player, click here and download a free version.

I was having a quiet '5 mins' and just thinking about things in my life that I needed to pray for - but with all of the sights and people etc that I had seen over the last couple of days - I was challenged to be less 'self-centered' in my prayer life - and start looking (and praying) 'outwards' a bit more! I think the phrase 'having more of a compassionate heart' sums it up really!