Thursday, January 13, 2005

Where have I been, you ask??

Well...last week I had to stop – quite literally (for a few days), as I got the nasty bug that's been going around! Am pleased to report that I'm now fit and healthy (well, as near as I'll get to it - this side of heaven!)

What else? Well....I've also been doing some cat sitting and dog sitting (that's looking after them – not actually sitting on them, you realise!)

Had a great day in Church on Sunday. Pat shared a word (you can read it here). I think it's quite interesting what's going on in the world at the moment.....it feels like there's a great sense of urgency....I think it's a challenge for us all.

Work has been busy this week....had my annual appraisal on Monday (two hours!)....Last night, I played badminton for the first time in AGES (so I am feeling the effects today!) - off to Youth Plus tonight - weekend looks busy too!

I have been blessed this week - in knowing (and remembering) that God is in the 'small stuff' as much as the 'big stuff'. It's good to remember that God has wonderful plans for our lives (and He's interested in the 'details' too)!

Thought for the day:
Bibles that are falling apart - are usually read by people that aren't.
(I read this somewhere a while back, and it was one of those lines which you just remember!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great thought ... can I post in my blog?

Anonymous said...

opps ..typo error there.

I meant 'Can I post it in my blog?' ... now, that's better.

Penelope said...

Hi Ethan & Val
Sure - you're welcome to use it! Hope you're both well.... When's the Doulous trip? I think I'll have to pray that my next mission trip takes me somewhere where I can try 'Air Mambang'!
Pen :-)

val said...

Hi Penster!

ooo i hope so! if you come, do let us know - we'll be glad to take you around & maybe you can share your testimony in our caregroup too if it fits your schedule...

we visit your blog often & you're a great encouragement!

Anonymous said...

Early March to early May ... two months, more or less.

Penelope said...

Fantastic! I'll keep checking your blog for updates!

Thanks too for the invite....I'll let you know if I'm ever in your area - and if so, I'll come and try an 'Air Mambang'!

P :-)