Monday, October 25, 2004

What a blast!

Wow - what a fab day in Church yesterday!!! If you weren't there - here's what happened: Pastor Mike preached a 'cracker of a sermon' in the morning (according to Ann's blog) - and then in the evening - he didn't even get to preach! Basically 'God just turned up' (I know He's always there - but you know what I mean by that!)

There was an AMAZING sense of the presence of God in the meetings - truly awesome! People were blessed - and met with God (and that's what it's all about really).

I laughed (a lot) - and thoroughly enjoyed myself all day really!!! Which was good - because I haven't had a chance to laugh today! It's 7.15pm and I'm STILL at my desk working (ok, so I've taken 5 mins out to update my blog) - and I've still got LOADS of work to do before tomorrow evening!!! Aaaahhhh!!

Anyway - I was reminded this morning of 2 Timothy 1:7 - For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. I can't even begin to tell you how much I have hung onto that verse today!!

Two thoughts for this week:
1. Psalm 84:10 For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand elsewhere....
(a minute spent in God's presence is better than a thousand elsewhere).
2. 'I'm too blessed to be stressed, and too anointed to be disappointed' (ok, so it's not exactly in the Bible like that - but it's a good thought anyway).

Have a great week everyone! I leave for Minneapolis on Wednesday (to see Maggie and her new kitty) - so will see you all soon! I'll try and update the blog whilst I'm out there (depending on internet connection etc).

Be blessed!!!! :-)

No comments: