Monday, September 27, 2004

India

Well.....most of you have probably heard by now - that I'm going to India in November, with John and Bron (friends I met in Lagos a few years ago) and approx eight others (yes, I'm just a little excited about this!!!!) :-)

We've got the opportunity to visit India (I've never been there before), spend three days at a 'School of Healing' in Chennai (Madras) where John and his brother Rob (Associate Pastor of Hillsong Church, Sydney) will be preaching.

Then, we fly South to Madurai to visit a childrens' orphanage (run by Pastor John Arul) and meet all of the children, including those who some of us sponsor through Child-Link. (John & Bron are UK Co-ordinators).

We all have different gifts and talents....thankfully I did not volunteer my cooking skills(!) - but one brave woman has offered to cook an 'English dish' - probably a sponge pudding for 500 (yes, you read that right!), there will be a clinic run by a GP, someone else will be making puppets, and I'll hopefully be teaching some English worship songs (with actions etc) to the children - sounds fun!

In the meantime, I've got to get injections, visas etc etc all sorted out! Watch this space for more info.....

1 comment:

commentator33 said...

all exciting stuff - what an opportunity. It is so exciting to see how God has really cool plans for people in their lives. You never know exactly where you might end up but you know that He is there with you.
shasa