Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Alternative Olympics

I think there should be an 'Alternative Olympics' which would include events such as 'Sprinting for the Train in High Heels'. I'm sure I would win gold for Great Britain, as I practice almost every day - and am now highly skilled (and trained) in the event. Most days I practice with 2-3 inch heels (as I find they're most effective!)

Last night my legs almost went numb on the train.....I spent 1.25 hrs standing on a hot, packed train (yep, it was as great as you are imagining!) and when I FINALLY got off - my legs wouldn't work properly....similar to the effect I experienced some years back, when I attempted to 'break through the pain barrier' on the step machine in the gym. Determined not to give up - I finished climbing the mountains (or whatever else it was!) and then my legs went numb and I fell over! It taught me a valuable lesson.....gyms are dangerous......so now I don't go anywhere near them - it's much safer!

No comments: